Bits and Pieces

Here are a few left over things from London and an update on the rest of my summer. I have fixed my questionable spelling and grammar in the London entries. Now you sticklers can breathe easier (mom). Hey, mannequin and souvenir are hard to spell!
In London, they call a cardiac arrest a ‘suspended.’ They never clarified to me if this meant functioning has suspended or if the patient was ‘suspended’ between heaven and wherever. Paramedics in certain areas carry a set of large and unhandy keys for unlocking exclusive gated communities. Every paramedic in London is issued their own paramedic bag. They can take it to and from work, the grocery store, library, or pool. They are responsible for its contents and also get to organize it in any way they want, pretty cool.

For the next two weeks I’ll be on vacation. I’ll paraphrase a conversation I had this morning:
“Where are you going?”
“Um. London and Paris.”
“Weren’t you just there?”
“Er, Sort of……yes.”
The original plan was for my parents to meet me in London and then we could tour the country from there. That evolved into a trip to London (and the surrounding area) and Paris (and the surrounding area) which couldn’t take place until now. This trip is purely ‘camera around your neck’ touring. We’re seeing all of the ‘classic sites’ plus a little extra. I’m excited if only because my parents are going somewhere that isn’t Colonial Williamsburg (their favorite holiday spot). I have been there personally about 3 million times, and they’ve gone there way more than that. (Come to think of it, if you ever need a personal tour guide there, just let me know; lovely place.) But that’s a wholly different subject…
I’ll be taking my ACLS cards and studying for national regi……wait. Who am I kidding?!
I’m going to try to blog a bit, but we’ll see how that works out.
As for the rest of the summer; volunteering and test-taking are in order it seems. There has to be something else too. Oh yeah, a job! What a crazy concept. You can do stuff…for money? Awesome! Sign me up!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm waiting!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs