Yay, more free updating!

Here's another micro update. I'm here at Waterloo, the LAS HQ. I've been riding another rapid response unit tonight, mostly north of the river in the heart of London. We've had some good calls: a cardiac arrest, a stabbing, and various other drunk-related incidents. I learned that English AEDs speak to you in British accents (useless fact).
I know I look quite fetching in my LAS ballistic vest (stab vest) and I feel pretty damn cool too (haha). Some of the most fun of the night has been racing past Buckingham Palace (waking up the Queen), Trafalgar square, and St. Paul's, hanging out in Soho, and watching the sun rise over Waterloo Bridge. The sun rises quite early here, by 4:00 it is already bright. I also got to go fetch a patient off of the top floor of a double decker bus (first time on one of the busses here). I also got to go in an exclusive London club near Piccadilly Circus (a guy had been assaulted and cut in the face) so, another life goal fulfilled. (I hope you got the sarcasm in that one, but it was cool to go into the club.)
I slept until around 2pm today, then I went to Notting Hill, specifically Portobello road to enjoy the open market there. A crazy amount of people and antiques there, (some genuine, others not so genuine), but enjoyable none the less.
It's almost 5am here, for the record. For some reason, blogger keeps the times in EST. I have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the day besides sleeping.
Also, my parents are away for the weekend (I think) but happy anniversary to them! I remembered, yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool! Those are way better than the Baltimore calls.
Anonymous said…
Did you look for the house with the blue door????? Did you find a shop that sells only travel books? You go girl!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs