Let the happy dancing commence!

All the IV flashes in the world could not yield the volume of happy dancing that I would like to do now. My classmate Jon and I have successfully coordinated a visit to London to ride with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) for two weeks. We’re also going to visit their university, helicopter EMS, communications center, and boat team, among other things. I am currently reading the indemnity form I have to fill out. My favorite part so far states that I cannot offer treatment to a patient unless asked to do so by the crew members: “Sure, I’ll drop that tube, no problem.” hehehe!
I’ve known for a bit, but because of my mild superstition I had to wait for the plane tickets to be purchased and the hostel booked to make it “official” (because blogging makes everything official.)
I am beyond excited about this, I can barely describe it. I try not to think about it too much or I may break out into song and dance at inappropriate times (at church, during NREMT exams, in class, etc.)

As a self-professed anglophile and I can’t wait to submerse myself in British culture...uh…..oh…sorry I glazed for a sec while thinking about ‘vanbalances,’ green uniforms, motorcycle chase vehicles, adrenaline, and ‘stretcher trolleys’…ahhh.
More details to follow, the excitement really starts next week with the NREMT-I written and practical. Plus finals, a project due, and packing, yipes!
My class is definitely in robot mode: BSI...scene safety…inflate bulb...SAMPLE...pad the voids...pinch the line... Do you think if I made a shirt that said “BSI/Scene Safety” that I wouldn’t have to say it? That would be nice.
Now, back to studying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs