Me? I can't believe it!!

Last night was less craptacular (fewer drunks) but more downtime, which always has me on edge for some reason. I got two IV attempts (1 success), an EKG, and a neb.
Maybe the funniest bit of the night was when my nalgene bottle which was sitting in the 'action area' was launched into the oxygen compartment when OGM hit the brakes. I felt like an idiot, but when I went to retrieve it, it fell out of the ambulance onto the parking lot, and came through its adventure unscathed. Now I'm a nalgene believer.
On my second IV of the night the patient noted that she was a difficult stick. My preceptor said: "Oh, don't worry, Ellie here was the 2004 phlebotomist of the year." The patient replied: "Oh, good!" and I thought: "Oh crap!" because he was totally making that up. No matter, I got the IV, and can therefore retain my title. I will be passing on the crown and the needle shaped scepter soon though. I've been formulating my retirement speech for my adoring public. "I'm so happy I had this year to support world peace through the successful cannulation of every vein, and seamless blood draws for everyone." how touching, I know.
Well, hopefully more excitement next weekend. I have one city shift and then back to my hometown for some ambulance-129 fury and spring break! yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whats a nalgene bottle?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs