Fall

The first full semester of didactic year did not disappoint.  It did not slow down, it did not let up.  I was, with out dramatization, the most difficult semester of my life.  This could be because it was really hard, or it could be because my undergrad is a complete blur.  I'm going to go with it was really hard....'cause it was. 
It was something like 19 credits.  By mid terms, we were all swimming around, grasping at the information floating around and trying to get it into our brains in any way possible (sometimes with brute force).  

Not to say it was completely without fun.  We had a really fun PA week, a great Halloween party, and I went home a few times for fun reasons.  

I really an just writing this for posterity.  So if I look back in 10 years, or if someone who is thinking about PA school asks me, I give the right answer: "That semester sucked."  I have a tendency to forget how hard things are, maybe all humans do.  I think every hike I ever went on I felt at some point, like I might die.  Yet, if you asked me about any of them, I'd say, "Yeah, I'd do it again."  WHY?  I really can't say.  Memories of those hikes are very fond, just like my fading memory of fall semester.

At first I though fall would be great compared to summer.  A full 15 weeks seemed luxurious compared to five.  I mean, it was and it wasn't! Not enough time to learn everything and too much time to forget everything.

But, we made it!  It's like winning a golden globe.  "I want to thank my parents, my cats back at home- it's past your bed time!  My study buddies- You know who you are!  I also want to thank my whiteboard, my teachers, the person who invented flash cards, my classmates, my roomies- oh, the music started playing so,  follow your dreams!"

Comments

IcklespayC said…
This one is my favorite! Historical accuracy for sure.
Mom said…
Love this - glad you're back!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs