Getting Out There

I have a tendency to be a reclusive hermit. It is far worse in winter months as I will take any excuse now to stay in and sit by the woodstove. It's too cold, too cloudy, too rainy, or too dry to go out today. So I will sit and watch The Incredibles and all of the bonus features until it's dinner time. Then I tend to throw some half assed dinner-esque meal together. Bits of leftovers, progresso soup, cheese and crackers, or cereal. Yes, because I'm in college.
This behavior will not win me friends, health, enlightenment, or boyfriends. So, something must be done. I've decided by the new year (instead of those post new year actions that are never fruitful), I'll be joining the local arts council, a photography club and take a class with the local theatre. All of which should produce social interatction and/or amusing situations. The photo club will help me to stop missing deadlines for local shows and give me some fancy tips. Apparently one member shoots for the White House.
The arts council membership is possibly pointless, but at least I will feel a little cultured and will donate 25 bucks to local arts happenings.
The class is an improv class. Random, yes, but it can could be fun. My plan is to get drunk before every class (as it's in walking distance) and I think then I'll be a lot better. Or a lot worse. Time will tell. I am scared of it, in fact, I had a dream that they made us perform without any instruction the other night. But as Eleanor Roosevelt said, "Do one thing every day that scares you." That is probably extreme, so this Eleanor will say "Do something every once in a while that scares you." This keeps life interesting and challenging.
The thought of standing with some strangers on a stage trying to think of something funny to say sounds absolutely terrifying. So, game on! More on that in February.
If none of that works in the boyfriend department, at least I will have something to do. And, I am always up for more adventures in online dating, and just about to write Ellie's guide to online dating, part 2. Check out part 1  here.

Comments

Brad said…
I know a guy that may be interested ;) hit me up with an email :)
~Brad

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs