Refreshed

Finally I can write a boring post without being the cause. I have been in refresher class all this week, thus, nothing exciting to write about whatsoever. The End. Of course not. Like many of our instructors and fellow paramedics, I like to hear myself talk, so here's some more for you. This class is boring. And I worry about how boring it is. It should be introducing me to new innovations in our field and the medical community as a whole. New research, tools, tricks, etc. It should not be a rehash of the most mundane aspects of our job. I am assuming they're following the DOT recommendations, but seriously? I was hoping that this wouldn't feel like a waste of time.
But, having missed a year of con-ed, this class is certainly a necessary boredom for me. I also wish that we could go ahead and do the extra stuff so I can bridge from being a paramedic to being a paramedic for national registry purposes. Yes, if you haven't heard of this, Registry is revamping their certs, dropping the Intermediate and giving paramedics the post-nominals of 'NRP.' This all has to occur by around 2017. The bridge class will include stuff we already do like CO2 monitoring, and things we still won't do like foley's.

Some not very useful information can be found here. Most importantly, the rocker will be replaced on the patch. Whew! That was a crazy couple of years. The only problem is that it says 'Nationally Certified' (in their computer rendering, at least) and certified is a word that doesn't sit well with me. Ah, things outside of my control!

So I will be refreshed as of tomorrow and ready to hit the streets for a solid 72 hours next week. Woot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs