Back on the Wagon

Having house guests had the desired effect on me. We ate plenty of meals at regular intervals, rearranged the living room (for the better) and hung out like normal humans. My fridge was stocked and I bought a new chair. I learned I can deal with a dog, but that whole 24 hour job thing still gets in the way.
In addition, they brought their bikes here and we had to justify that. I've been biking more in the last month than I have in the last three and it feels good and bad to be back on that track. I am reminded that the bike was expensive and I have to take it out to justify it. I was also reminded that if you stop exercise, it doesn't take long to feel like an out of shape lazy-ass. Inspired by my house guests' fitness, I have started back at the gym, which I immediately regretted when I climbed stairs the next day. But, fear not! Especially if it keeps snowing and unseasonable amount, I will have no reason to avoid it. The biking has been great and with only a few trips I feel slightly more in shape.

These house guests and I were proper roommates back in the day and it was truly wonderful to have them around me again. They give excellent advice and I value their opinions. They'll be moving pretty far away next year but I have already resolved to follow them around the country/world for the rest of time. And, you know me, any excuse will do for travelling purposes. This will solidify that my next adventure will be domestic which is what I had meant to accomplish all this year.

In other news, I will be spending some of my travel money on a 'new' 'commuter car.' The details on that are in short supply, but rest assured they will come.

Now, I anticipate a bit of sadness as I bid my house guests good-bye. Another reason to have house guests is to keep you sane. I realize that the longer I stay single, the less eligible I become to maintain a relationship. Mostly because living alone makes you a bit crazy and set in your ways. Now, I only had a couple of 'Misery' type moments of shouting "The penguin always faces due south!!" in these last few weeks, but the whole thing has served as a reminder that I need to be flexible and accommodating and maybe turn on the heat every once in a while. And maybe, maybe, turn on the porch light. Though I doubt it. I mean, my frugality knows no bounds, and seriously outweighs my welcoming nature.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs