Promises, Promises

Well, I didn't exactly promise to write more.  I didn't even take the advice of the beer cap!  I've been in a bit of a rut, in writing and pretty much everything else.  I wish that I had a good excuse for it, but I really don't.  Believe me, I've tried really hard to blame something other than myself.
I kind of feel like I need a little inspiration.  Luckily, I have found several sources.
Firstly, last week three of my girlfriends had babies.  I was honored to be in the room with one of them to take pictures and it was truly the most amazing thing I have ever seen.  I have never been more proud of her.  And, who doesn't love babies?!  Crazy people, that's who.
It was also great to leave her room, and slide right across the hall to visit my other friend.  Their babies were born 12 hours apart.  I hope they stagger the birthday parties!  It is inspiring to see friends build their family.  Nothing was more surreal than checking in on them the next day to see her cradling her beautiful baby.  I guess it's more surreal because I've known her since high school, and it is strange to admit that we are growing up. 

Secondly, my photo selling wild-ass plan is soon to be self actualized.  Well, that may be stretching it.  But I do have my first show this weekend.  This weekend!  Holy crap.  I think I'm ready, but I have yet to do a dry run of setting up the tent and such, as it's been raining pretty much constantly for a month.  Well, that may be stretching it.  But it has been hard to find a dry couple of hours to put it all up.  Head on over to thesamesunphotography.blogspot.com to learn the deets of the, how you say? show.

Lastly, I am stoked to have houseguests for the next month.  My NH roomies are coming down to stay because they are awesome.  Well, mostly because he's in med school and has an internship, and she just loves Maryland (I'm told).  Either way, I am very excited to actually have guests in the guest room.  I should probably practice having other people around (i.e. shutting the bathoom door all the way) but I'm just going to do it on the day.  Haha, now that they've read that, I'm sure they're really excited to be here. They'll inspire me because they know how to work an oven, might want to eat meals at regular intervals, may want to play tennis, and have strong work ethics.
So, I will take these sources of inspiration and attempt to put them to good use.  I need to get out more, use that gym membership, and be more focused on details and getting things done.  Although, in a fit of stupidity/bidding on ebay and thinking I wouldn't win, I bought a new xbox.  This, I'm sure will help me to make good use of my time.  Or, maybe reduce my road rage. 

Comments

louelena said…
I don't know if I would say I "love" Maryland, but I love Andy and I love you! I already baked for you today and will be happy to work your oven!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs