Home

The sign has changed again, and now a proud "SOLD" has been hung. Yesterday I went to the settlement table with all it's dramatics. It got a little crazy when we discovered a couple of contract breeches (nothing major at all), that the termite inspector sent us the wrong report (3 weeks ago), and rather importantly, that my lender did not arrive on time with the money for the seller. Closing was postponed for a couple of hours while my Realtors head exploded and everything eventually got sorted out. So, in the afternoon, rather than the morning, all the papers were there and filled out correctly, and then I got a cramp from signing them all.
I was in by five and we had the inaugural meal, cooked in my fancy pants gas oven and then the fam left me to start cleaning. Since I'm back at work this afternoon, I haven't gotten much finished. The kitchen is ready, downstairs bathroom approved, and the upstairs bathroom is now adorned with my long awaited London Tube map shower curtain.

It pleases me greatly.
Over the next few days I'll finish cleaning and moving a few things in, the official move in isn't until next weekend because I kind of can't go home anymore because I constantly must be at work. It's a catch 22.
Oh, and although I am writing this on 1 April, I really did get in the house. No foolin'

editors note 13 April 11 20:58 Of course, champagne was provided. Don't be silly.

Comments

Mom said…
No champagne to celebrate?? Bummer!
Brad said…
Congratulations :)

~Brad
@EMTGoose

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs