In case you were wondering

Academically, things are going fine. I met with my supervisor last week who is awesomely and annoyingly hands off. I am very glad not to have a supervisor who wants to meet every week and check up on my progress every five minutes. I'm also glad to have one who cares, but is happy to leave me alone. But, I kind of need a little more discipline as I am in actuality, a terrible student who is easily distracted. Hence, I have been more interested in writing blog posts and booking trains than finishing my case studies. He seemed happy with my progress, and was unhurt that I have already conducted a couple of interviews and nearly finished my lit review without him.

So, I am about half finished now and if I actually bother to read stuff and 'critically analyze' it, I can easily be finished before the due date.

As for my wild-ass plan within a wild-ass plan, I have booked my flight home (woot!) Eurostar tickets, a few overnight trains (yeah, it would be faster and cheaper to fly, but that's not as the point) and two nights at a hostel in Tarifa, Spain. Excited! I've paid for my organized trip, and got my ebay new-to-me tiny sleeping bag which will happily fit in my laughably small backpack.

The bike and I have been enjoying the weather, although it has developed an amusing tick where the handlebars no longer control the steering, sending me plowing into trees and bushes. I tried to tighten them, but it didn't exactly work. Medical tape will be my next solution. It's already ghetto.

If you want to stay sane, never listen to the Wicked soundtrack. It will never leave your brain!

I had a pretty low key birthday, as it will get progressively low key until it ends in a '0' again. (which is alarmingly soon, actually). We went to the gym (what is wrong with me?!) had a delish buffet lunch and saw Inception which was actually really cool, and not that confusing. Oh, and flowers magically appeared in my room again. I'm so happy when that happens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs