A labor of love

If you have ever mused: "I wonder how much fun it would be to ride a bike 3 miles with a 13 pound frozen turkey in my backpack while its raining." then look no further. I can attest that there is very little fun involved in riding your bike while carrying a 13 pound turkey in the rain. It is probably more fun that riding 3 miles with a live turkey, though. Ah, silver linings.
It is thanksgiving week and although I am looking forward to sharing our traditions with the rest of the world, I am a bit nervous about all the people who are coming over. I mostly has to do with the admittance that I have never cooked a turkey. Everything good I had to eat in college was made by the uni or my roommates. Not me. Every past thanksgiving I have kind of helped out, chopped, or stirred, but never really was a part of the big thanksgiving picture.
Also, our kitchen is sparsely stocked with a few plates, random silverware, and a strange assortment of pots. I'll be borrowing a few things from willing neighbors, it is weird not to have all the necessary things at my fingertips. But, I love a challenge, and everyone has been so helpful, I couldn't ask for better.
So, I am tentatively looking forward to this years Thanksgiving, while "Bernard" thaws out in my mini fridge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs