Panic Packing Fashion Show

Do I really need these pants? How many tops go with them anyway? Does this jacket even fit anymore? It doesn't get very cold in the UK, right?
Will I wear this shirt? Do I need different winter pajamas, or should I just get a blanket?
Will I need more than one skirt? What if I go to church more than once? What if I bring two and then go to church more than twice?
Is there any earthly reason to bring my camp sleeping pad? Why am I bringing a backpack for school and a backpack for...other stuff? How many pens do I need?
Is it completely daft to bring sweaters to a country full of sheep?

As a result of these questions over the last few evenings I've found myself unfolding, trying on and refolding basically every piece of clothing I have. Strangely, putting things on and then back in the suitcase did not help me to decide what I couldn't live without.

Comments

aendr said…
Not /very/ cold, nor /very/ warm. Bring a raincoat. You will definitely need one, and shoes which can cope with the wet.
I wear warmer winter PJs than summer.
Camp sleeping mat will take up valuable luggage space and you can probably live without it or buy a cheap one here you can ditch later.
Bring a jumper or two, you might know them as sweaters (another vocab difference.)
You can buy stuff you've forgotten or decide you need but you may find it more expensive.
Do bring your favourite flavour of toothpaste and some chocolate as you will find ours just taste different and it will take a while to get used to it and those things apparently cue homesickness more than you'd expect.
Jen said…
I'll be thinking of you and your travel tomorrow, stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs