Okay

We went to a trouble breathing call and the patient felt a lot better with oxygen and then did not wish to be transported. I suggested that it was not exactly normal to suddenly feel short of breath and he should probably be checked out further at the hospital. Even after we gave him a few minutes to think about it, he was still pretty hesitant. Usually people would have made a decision by then. When his wife appeared at the doorway, I asked her opinion.

Me: "I don't think that he wants to go to the hospital; maybe you can convince him?"
Wife: "Well, I think you should go."
Patient: "Okay."
Me: "Well, that was easy."

Comments

WVmedicgirl said…
thats where those little red "that was easy" buttons come in handy...I need to invest in one....
Jen said…
LOL @ WVmedicgirl. We have an easy button in our ambulance. Usually use it for PD "check patient" assaults and no transports though.

Ellie - are you still going to post while abroad? I'm hoping so!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs