Fore!

I spent yesterday doing standby for a golf tournament. It was about as exciting as I thought it would be. I brought two books. I did end up learning a lot about golf. Way more than I ever really wanted to learn, but maybe it will come in handy some day to know that a bogey is not just something that comes out of your nose.

My partner seemed pretty into it so I couldn't spend the whole day making fun of golf. But it was still fun. I even did do a bit of EMS, I gave out two bandaids. . .to the same person.

We had a couple run ins with the 'golf nazi' (as we took to calling her) We were out in our cart watching golf, trying not to be bored to tears or get in the way, when she came up to us and basically asked us to kindly stop exploring the course. I don't know why, as we weren't disturbing anything, I didn't even let my pager go off while we were near the greens. We left since I got the vibe that if we actually disturbed anything she would cut us.

People kept coming up to me and asking questions that I had no clue about. It was like they were speaking a different language. More than once, I had to say "I don't know what you're talking about" like an idiot. Or, I'd just give them a blank stare and then ask "I'm sorry, are you hurt?" I mean the stethoscope 'round the neck apparently isn't a dead giveaway that I don't actually work for the golf place.

I love Scotland and well done them for inventing golf, but if I'm going to watch a Scottish sport, I'd rather watch people throwing telephone poles.

In the end I did get a lot of free food, a golf tee, and drove a golf cart. What more can I ask for?

Comments

Anonymous said…
And - don't forget - you were paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs