A long walk

In less than a week I am traveling to my favorite empire and going for a little walk. And by little walk, I mean a 73 mile cross country hike which I think still falls into the British definition of "walk."
A few friends and I are literally going coast to coast in the Scottish Highlands. At the very least I hope to figure out the differences between single malt, double malt, and scotch whiskey, but it probably won't matter in the end when I hold a random glass up and say "What was this one again?! Oh, who cares, cheers!" It would also be great to practice throwing telephone poles, play some mournful tunes on the bagpipes, knit a tartan, and to have a chat with Nessie, but we'll see how that works out.

I will be checking out some fantastic paintings, learning about Scottish history, riding a bike on the wrong side of the road, and I hope to sneak in a visit to Kal, aka Traumaqueen. Then I can lust after Scottish ambulances as well as English ambulances.
I was also going to sit in pubs with a sign that said "Single American Anglophile" with an arrow towards me, in the hopes of attracting a young Scotsman with a proper accent, but the "single" part of that is becoming less and less true. Well, I already bought the sign, so maybe I'll try it anyway.
If I do find nessie, I'll be sure to capture it with my new camera.
Sweet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs