The Job

I’ve finally put a post together about the new job. Unfortunately, it does not yet replace my current job at “The Crappiest Ambulance Company on Earth” but now in my time off, I am a part time hospital based 911 chase car.

I cannot express how happy I am to have a 911 job again, even if it is part time. I don’t care. When I step up into the ambulance I can hear “Back in the Saddle Again” playing in a loop. I love it.

There are a lot of weird things about being hospital based. Firstly: nowhere to nap. We hang out in the ER when we’re not on a call, we basically surf the net and talk. One problem with hanging in the ER is that there is always food in the break room. Out of nowhere a cake, tray of cookies, bag of candy or other random delicious temptation will crop up. Evil, evil ER nurses providing a veritable buffet all the time.
I’m not quite over the fact that a lot of times, the ER is busy and we are not, therefore, I feel lazy when I'm sitting at the computer updating my blog. But the truth is, there's nothing for me to do otherwise unless a nurse asks me to put in an IV or do a 12 lead.

I would have to say that best part of my new job is the excessively large truck and the incredibly, ridiculously loud siren. Well, I should say sirens. And an honest to God air horn. And by air horn, I mean a horn loud enough to scare the pants off of people within a six block radius. They don’t even know what hit them. I literally drive down the street with a huge smile on my face, basking in the destruction of the quiet town atmosphere and tympanic membranes of it’s fine citizens.
I must look like a jerk, as people cover their ears in a vain attempt to block out the noise, look toward the truck and see a beaming Ellie behind the wheel maniacally laughing as I set my siren from stun to kill.

True to form, I have been a bit of a white cloud, but I’ve had enough calls to be a lot better with those stupid spring loaded IV catheters.

Comments

Anonymous said…
*jumps in the big truck with you and laughs along side so you dont look like a moron laughing at all the people youre scaring*
Anonymous said…
I will gladly ride with you. I have enjoyed your blog.

http://heritagephotos.typepad.com

Michael

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs