Work and Such

Nothing makes me happier at work than seeing a stack of fresh sheets and having a full jar of cavicide wipes. In fact, aside from my partners, these are the only things that make me happy at work. I’m feeling a rant post coming up about my disdain for my job. Also, there will be more on its replacement. Something is finally in the works in terms of a better job. I have about 2 more weeks of paper shuffling before it is official, but I am, predictably, dead excited about a professional change.

Last week at work we got to go to prison. The prison. We picked up our patient who had pulled out his chest tube. “Didn’t that hurt?” I asked, “It was stitched in.” “No” he replied. On our way out, the officer we were with discovered a nerf football on the ground between the main wall and the actual jail. I guess that 30 feet of grass around the jail and a huge wall serve as additional deterrents from escape. I looked back at him and he was ripping the ball apart and inside it was tucked a small folding knife. I suppose it had been surreptitiously thrown into the prison grounds, its intended recipient would never get it now. I was pretty fascinated by the whole prison thing anyway, and the ball was just the icing on the cake. If I had seen a cake with a file baked into it, I would have lost it.

Last time I went kayaking I had a canoe rescue of sorts. I was pretty far out and I heard one of the rental canoes blowing their emergency whistle. The wind was blowing my way, so I was probably the only one that heard it. I immediately assumed that it was some young whippersnappers abusing their emergency whistle rights. As I got closer (some minutes later) I discovered that it was two canoes floating near the edge of the water. A woman in one of them asked me for help. They didn’t appear to be in any distress, they weren’t falling in or tipping wildly, she just said that they were ‘stuck.’ As I got the whole story, they were not physically stuck, they just couldn’t get anywhere. As we were talking, her companion in the other boat, yelled to her son a panicky “Don’t rock the boat!” Sadly, the fun of their outing was coming to an end. I assured them I’d get someone, but it may take awhile as we were still quite a way from the boat rental. I finally found an employee about 10 minutes later and they were happy to go rescue them in their motor boat. “Rescue boat Pisgah 1, in service.”

I have also added a handful of pictures online. They are of some flowers I found when I went kayaking. Manual zoom while in a kayak is a bit tricky. I didn’t even notice the praying mantis on the one flower until I had taken its picture a few times.

Other than that I explored aimlessly, drove through a creek, and actually watched the sunset for the first time in way too long.

Google search term of the day: “can you weigh 8 stone to be a model?” Okay, 8 stone is 112 pounds. It sounds like this question was asked because 8 stone sounded like it might preclude one from becoming a model. If this is true (which it probably is), it is pretty sad for society (and, there goes my modeling career).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs