Let's go ride bikes!

For my birthday, I bought myself a new bike. I remember clearly my last birthday bike. It was white and pink, I was dead excited, and I rode the hell out of that thing. I think that I was eight.
My last bike was a no frills bike and it served me well, but it was time for something new. So, I went down to a local bike shop and they gave me the hook ups with an ’08 Specialized Myka. (pictured above, although, I can tell you, it looks a lot better with mud caked on it.)
I don’t really know much about bike brands, but it has front RockShox, and most of the other components are made by Shimano. I didn’t get disc brakes, because, well, they add almost $200 to the price. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade and get them installed.
Since my birthday, I’ve taken it out everyday that I haven’t worked. We've had a lot of bonding time as I only work once every four days. I’ve found lots of fun things to do with it around my house, some nice steep climbs and a little creek that is great fun to ride through. Otherwise, I’ve just been exploring and I've learned that riding in construction sites is as fun as I always thought it would be.
In the last couple weeks I have lost a lot of the trepidation I felt about going off road, which is a nice feeling. It’s also nice to feel a marked improvement in my endurance and skill. It takes a lot longer for me to go into SVT (and less time to recover).
Anyway, I’m very happy to have found a new activity. Especially one that can get me outside while I can’t take the kayak out. I think that doing something physical has been very therapeutic for me.

Oh yeah, I do find the irony in buying a bike right after wrecking my truck.

An unrelated side note: Thank you for all of the good vibes I’ve been feeling from my few regular readers. I am very touched and blessed. Slack, Jen, Maddog, Andy, Ichabod, Tara (via facebook), Kaydie, and Jamie, thank you! Anybody else, post a comment, I’d love to get to know you!

Comments

Anonymous said…
what am i? chopped liver?!?

~mala
Ellie said…
You're kaydie! aren't you? haha

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs