Birthday Lessons

Things I’ve learned

Providing your children with everything they need is not always the best course.
Times of crisis help the important things show through.
To feel loved and cared for is truly all I need to survive.
Facing what you fear the most makes you a stronger person. I mean, it has to.
An inherent need for independence is essential.
Bitter people amuse me.
False people make me angry.
Sometimes you can give someone everything and it is still not enough. These people should not haunt you.
I am tired of crying.
Unconditional love is hard to come by; it should not be squandered.
It is easier to be angry than to be sad.
Kayaking is still the greatest activity known to man.
Fishing gear can be replaced.
Life is hard.
I love my family immensely. There are not proper words to tell it.
My insurance deductible is $250.
J.K. Rowling is a genius.
Getting flowers always feels nice.
Life is good.
It’s okay to feel confident and to feel afraid.
I can make dinner.
I am ready.

Things I have yet to learn


How to find a date.
Countless future lessons.
What to do now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey kid - you're going to be okay!! You are light years ahead of the pack! Oh yes - Happy Birthday, this is the beginning of a great year, and yes, you ARE ready!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs