Goings On

Last weekish I went back home for a visit. It was nice, although I didn’t spend enough time with everyone who is important to me.
Ewing and I did get to hang out a lot. We went to a Hudson Trails annual winter clearance sale and bought a second Pisgah! We were certainly not in the market for a new kayak, but we couldn’t resist saving about $600 off the retail price. So now we have twin kayaks, but we won’t get them mixed up as mine is blue and his is parking cone orange.
We also visited Great Falls for the first time with his sister. I had never been there and underestimated the awesomeness of it! Here are some photos, although they aren't mine. The potomac was flooded from the recent snow and rain in the area, and the falls looked scary and were fascinating. I could look at a creek all day, let alone this huge expanse of whitewater. It was great, haha, great (falls)!
I also picked up my dress which needs altering, of course. To start, I’m short and secondly, I think I could put a whole loaf of bread in front of me to fill out the “chestal section.” Okay, okay, okay, the bodice.

We had a great tasting with the caterer, so we are all very excited about that. We booked the photographer, deposited with the florist, and had our second (out of three) pre-marital counseling session.
The flight back home took off half an hour late and when we arrived in Manchester a new voice came over the loudspeaker. It was the customer service rep informing us that 40 bags had been inadvertently left in Baltimore. I looked around the plane, and realized that there were only about 50-60 people on the flight total. So, through some miracle, my bag appeared on the baggage claim belt a few minutes later. There was much rejoicing.

I’ve also booked the moving truck, put my notice in at work, and re-entered the hire process. I have applied several places, and heard back from one so far. The only problem is that their test date is next Wednesday and can’t be moved. So I’m flying down there on Tuesday and back on Thursday, just to stay a week and drive back officially.
I have no idea why this place claims to be in a hurry to hire someone, yet is requiring all of the applicants to take an exam a la national registry. Before even interviewing us.
I’m excited though, it would be a good job to have. I’ve already learned that working for a government will be different. I’ve spent a lot of time filling in a background check booklet that is 50 pages long. In addition to wanting to know my average balance in my bank accounts, and if I’m a member of a street gang, they also want to know if I’ve ever thought of overthrowing the US government. Only every day! Very bizarre goings on in government jobs. Even tiny county governments. But my dad supposes it’s homeland security trickling down its attempts to stamp out terrorism.
But, I have decided to jump through their flaming hoops in the hopes of getting a reasonably good paying job that I will enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs