Marathon

Last week I worked six days in a row. The most interesting calls are already posted, I’m afraid. In three days, I did 38 hours in interfacility work. That yielded one call worth remembering. Have I mentioned recently I’m not a fan of transfers? Oh well.
This patient had stepped on a low shelf in the grocery store and reached up to the top shelf to grab something. You know this story can’t end well! As she stepped down from the low shelf, she caught her ring in the lip of the top shelf. As her body kept going, her finger was stuck and her ring degloved, snapped, and twisted her finger nearly off. At the ER she was told they would amputate. Well, because that is a very frightening word, she wanted a second opinion. That’s how we got involved to take her to another hospital. It was good times as I got to a. give narcotics and b. see the x-ray. I must say it was probably the coolest x-ray I have ever seen.
The rest of the weekend was the usual fare, none too exciting.

Google search term of the day “work in progess” Please note the misspelling of the word ‘progress.’ If you search for that in google, I’m the first site there!

2nd Google search term of the day “ice cream is good for flu patient.” Ah, yes. Ice cream is good for all patients, whatever ails them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I want ice cream! But now we have none in the house. Perhaps we could buy some after the new year and eat it where no one else will see us?
Like in the frigid northland? :D

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs