Happy Christmas!

This year was totally weird. Not only because it was my first year away from home, but I worked Christmas eve and Christmas day also. It didn’t really feel like Christmas yesterday, especially as we had a surprising amount of calls. Also it’s been unseasonably warm here. I’m learning that there is no such thing as a traditional Christmas anymore, and I’m okay with that.

Santa came to our house on Christmas eve morning as Andy and I both had to work Christmas day. And by ‘Santa’ I mean Santa, the big man, the real deal. He has an amazing network, and is always on top of things. He’s unpredictable, and always has a trick up his sleeve. He brought me a crock pot and a sleeping bag, and some salt and pepper shakers. I’m going to be trying out the sleeping bag at work tonight, I can’t wait. Speaking of not being able to wait…it’s only about 20 more hours now until I’m back in the old line state! And 14 of that will be taken up by work!
After work on Christmas eve, I went to church here for the first time! Working nearly the entire weekend has pretty much precluded me from any church going. I was happy to go, especially on a special occasion. I have so much to be thankful for.

On Christmas, other than working, Andy’s parents came to the station and made us all breakfast which was really awesome. Then the calls started, and we didn’t get back to the station until the shift was over! We had a NICU run with twins! They were so cute, and weren’t terribly ill, so I could happily enjoy admiring them.
After work we had Christmas dinner at Andy’s parents house which was delicious and fun.

Now I’m off to finish packing!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas ellie :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs