Pics and missed calls

The best call of the week was not even my call. If it had come out 5 minutes earlier, it would have been my call, but alas. It was a motorcycle versus car, and the trauma team was activated at our local hospital almost as soon as the ambulance was on scene. Partial leg amputation. We were at the hospital when it came in, and I got to do what anyone else wanted to do: see it. Ooh, it was gross! The patient was taken to a level 1 trauma center about 10 minutes later, although I don’t think there was any hope of saving the leg.

Things were a little slow otherwise, but on almost every call I had a student with me. Still weird, but pretty sweet! Oddly, I’ve enjoyed giving away the few trade secrets I have to new people.

Finally after many dreary days, I went back out on the water today. Since I came back from Maryland, it seems, it has been raining and miserable. Pisgah and I had a nice paddle and it felt really good to enjoy the sun again.

Also, finally, I’ve added pictures from the end of summer.

Some more kayak spots. I think I’ll retire from taking pictures of lakes, they all look the same, unless I catch a sweet sunset or something like that.

Also, some of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts, that I’ve taken during my travels of the last few months.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs