Highlights of the Night Shift.

Last weeks shift is pretty much a blur, but more on that later.

Car accident with nasal injury. Unbelted, no airbag, a sharp stop, a pole, and something I’m not sure of caused our patient to have cut his nose from bridge to tip. The bleeding was more or less controlled before we arrived, we checked it out, took a collective yikes! and covered it back up.

Wacky cardiac rhythm. It was so wacky that I actually sent it to the hospital using the wonders of technology before we got there. I was dead excited that they received it successfully. The doc pulled me aside to inquire, and I showed him all the 12 leads I had taken and he came to the conclusion that he didn’t know what to call it. It was like a sinus beat, then a couplet of sinus beats (that looked different from the first) followed by a pause of about 5 seconds. Then the pattern would continue. Sometimes with sinus beats, sometimes with possibly atrial beats, and sometimes with ventricular beats. That’s confusing! Well, either way, the patient was virtually asymptomatic which was sweet, and we resolved her chest tightness with a nitro and some oxygen.

Car accident with a record seven refusals! It was a difficult scene to reconstruct, but my patient had had her license for what I believe to be another record of two days! She was very sweet anyway and her fault or not, I felt terrible for her situation.

We also got new computers installed in the trucks. They have great potential for coolness and handiness, I’ll keep you posted on them. Currently, they’re not programmed so that computer makes a good table, and our other computer makes a good lamp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs