Great Patient Conversations

nurse: “Have you had any surgeries?”
patient: “Apricot!”
everyone in hearing distance: “Wha?!”
pause: (pauses)
nurse: (in her infinite wisdom) “Can you show me where the surgery was?”
patient: (points)
nurse: “Oh! Your appendix!”
everyone in hearing distance: (stifles giggles)

me: “We’re going to move you over to this bed, okay?”
patient: “I’m gay?!”
me: “What? Oh, no…”

Google search term of the week, perhaps century: “society for the promotion of hubcaps.” You know what a philanthropist I am, especially when hubcaps are concerned. They really need all the help they can get. Support your local hubcap! All four of them! When you see a stray or abandoned one on the road, pick it up. Put them to good use.

Oh yeah, this weekend we had yet another kid who swallowed a coin that didn't quite make it all the way down. Kids!

Ow, my apricot!

Comments

Anonymous said…
ow! my grapefruit! :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs