Downy Oshun!

Today I decided to find the ocean. It only took about 30 minutes of driving before the sea became an unavoidable obstacle. I was very excited, happy to prove to myself how close it really is. After dipping my feet in, I drove along most of New Hampshire’s 18 mile coastline. It was a lovely drive, I visited an adorable church, a state park, and a teeny tiny science center.
I also found a beach that has the potential for trying out surf kayaking. Almost private sandy beach, small waves, and, well that’s all really. Less people to see me mess it up, no rocks to hit my head on. I’ll put it on the “maybe later” list.

I eventually found myself in the charming town of Portsmouth. I enjoyed the ambiance here and bakery goods. I drove back home on instinct and the compass in the truck. Now, I’m waiting for the inevitable mid summer heat wave to come. It’s apparently on us tomorrow, and I know that northerners can’t handle the heat very well. Should make for an entertaining week.

Other than that, I got my diploma, ate pie, and ran out of advice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs