50 p for 15 minutes!

Welcome to the most expensive and fast blog update ever! I'm here in London with Jon, things are going great! Living at a hostel is a new experience for me, but this one is really nice (as are our roommates). We arrived on Wednesday around 10, checked in, and found the closest pub for a pint. Expensive here, but Jon has learned that Guinness from the tap rocks his world.
Yesterday we visited a station of the London Fire Brigade. We saw all of their equipment, and it was so cool, even my squirrel tail went up! Then, we found our way to LAS headquarters and met with the kind people who have planned this for us. There is much in store, and just thinking of it makes me giggle. Tonight we are doing a night shift until 7am. That should be interesting. The LAS people have treated us extremely well, gave us a nice LAS pen, disposable camera, and other goodies. They also drove us around to see the sights in one of their haz-mat units. Being on the 'wrong' side made me a little nervous but I couldn't believe where we were.
After visiting them I went to evensong at Westminster Abbey (purely by accident, but the best way to get in there for free).
This morning I went to the National Gallery (awesome!). Here I met Sister Wendy (if this has any meaning to you, well done you.) She is ancient and never stops talking, just like the show! Don't worry mom and dad; I got the gallery book, so you can decide what to see (probably everything). It's a bit overwhelming there. Then, I ate lunch in Trafalgar square, and went to Harrods, (Saw a suitcase for £899.)
Now, to take a nap before the overnight!
Cheers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update! Harrods! Sister Wendy! Does she just hang around in there or what? Sounds like you are having a great time.

Your sister
Anonymous said…
Well done, you!!! So glad to hear from you and that all is going so well, Have a pint for us!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs