Hyperglycemia!

Not a patient's hyperglycemia, silly, mine! Wheeee! It is Easter Sunday and following my annual Lenten venture of giving up sweets of all kinds, I've embarked on my traditional sugary goodness binge. There's nothing like starting the day with marshmallow peeps, rounding out the afternoon with no less than 1 million Cadbury mini eggs, and finishing up the day with a large chunk of angel food cake. Ah, heaven. This year I have a practical use for the sugar, to inspire me to finish up a paper and presentation due tomorrow. (A project due on the Monday after spring break?! I can’t believe it either. It should be against the law. I’m going to fine my teacher for messing with spring break. I think $300 should do it.)
Break was pretty nice. At my home station I taught my first 2 CPR classes. It was pretty fun and those mannequins sure do come in handy. I sent one to a boring meeting dressed in my clothes, another one to the dentist, used one to get me into the HOV lane, and got to play some pretty funny practical jokes with them.
I enjoyed visiting my niece and nephews (all of whom are adorable, and getting so smart, if I do say so myself). I also had fun shopping with my mom for new Easter clothes. Me enjoy shopping? That’s impossible! I was happy to catch up with my two best friends as well. All the planets must have been in alignment or something; all three of us available at the same time, on the same day, in the same year, amazing!
Well, I suppose it’s time for work, and more candy! Wheeee!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ellie, your blog is totally awesome - it makes me laugh!
Anonymous said…
El- It's Amy!!! my easter break was before easter... unfun!! I miss you, hope to come home soon, keep up the updates!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs