TS3

I have been anticipating a 3rd Toy Story installment since rumours of one began back in, probably 2000, during the Disney/Pixar rift. When I learned that it was actually made and going to come out last year I was embarrassingly excited. I am kind of surprised that I didn't camp out to see it, but there isn't much point when you can prebook cinema seats. (Or just walk in on the day, because the rest of the world is not as excited nor has demanded a midnight showing).
Anyway, after waiting an extra month to see it here in the UK (thanks, whoever!) I have now seen it in 2D and 3D and basically it's fantastic. I mean, no unplanned 3rd movie has been so good (take a lesson Pirates 3). It was my first 3D experience and really for this, didn't seem to make much of an impact. It was beautifully animated without it, but the 3D is pretty cool. (I couldn't help but think of the novelty of the cultural arts programs we had in school that were about 3D. Awesome then, awesome now. Everybody sees in...3D!!)
The story is brilliant, and I like to forget that I too have aged 11 years since the last installment.
I am infinitely happy that Disney was not allowed to make a studio strictly for cranking out 'pixar' sequels, because they all would have been terrible. This had all the same voices (except slinky dog) including the guy who plays Andy, and even Sid makes an appearance as a garbage man. Perfect! The original TS3 plot was to be a recall of Buzz Lightyear, but when the other toys realized that they weren't being fixed but replaced, they go to Taiwan to rescue him. Also would have been awesome. Do I hear a Toy Story 2.5?
And 'You've got a Friend in Me' en Espanol? Fab.
By the end, anyone with a heart would have been beaming with joy, if they could stop sobbing. I know that if I had been alone in the theatre, I probably would have been crying through the entire thing.

Comments

Unknown said…
I must take issue. I know a little boy who does not see in 3D.
Mom said…
Thanks for the shout out for cultural arts!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs