York (again)

I returned to the northern city of York this week, mostly on a fact finding mission for future travel pursuits to Yorkshire. And, because I really liked it the first time and I wanted to make sure I wasn't disillusioned. And, because it was free.
I'm happy to report that the weather was questionable and the ride there took forever, so I can conclude that I was not disillusioned the first time, I still liked it!
Everything in York is either covered in moss or cobblestoned, or both. It exudes charm. Even the pizza hut is in a beautiful building.
I didn't really end up doing much of anything. The Christmas crowds were all gone and it was nice just to walk around. At the end of the day we had some fancy tea and scones where it was required to hold your pinky out when you picked up your teacup.
My parents recently booked tickets to visit (huzzah!) and York, Yorkshire and basically the entire north of England are on the list of things to do. Any suggestions for driving routes or places to stay?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs