Tonight on...

It came out as a "residential rescue" and I was glad to be on it, mostly because I wanted to know what the heck that meant. And it wasn't just the ambulance that got to go, it was the engine, the rescue, the ladder truck, a second ambulance, and the medic unit.
We arrived first, and excitedly went into the house where we found an hysterical three year old with his head stuck between the railings of an open staircase. I immediately wanted to call William Shatner and get the Rescue 911 crew over there for some heartwarming footage. It was just like the time that kid got her foot stuck in a toilet. Ooh, or that time when the kid was playing hide and seek and got stuck in the laundry chute and they had to lube him up to get him out.
Anyway, so this kid was stuck and the fire department (all 50 of them) came in to set up a ladder use a screwdriver to open up one of the railings. The boy was easily freed and it was high fives all around.
I was thrilled to be involved in this call, bringing me back to the show that partly inspired me to become a paramedic. Back when every story had a happy ending and the dramatizations were believable (at least when I was 10.)
I still love how Shatner could say "Rescue....911! Man, I miss that show.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs