Why Zoll is inferior

Photographic evidence of the insanity that is telemetry with zoll monitors. Here, in a tangled jumble are the parts required to send a 12 lead using a zoll.
This is what greeted me in the back of the monitor when I checked the truck this morning. I almost took it all out and threw it in the trash. It was literally exploding out of the monior, impeding access to things that are slightly more important including the cord to the defib pads. To send 12 leads with zoll, it is a multi step process requiring the white box shown, and the mini portable radio shown to the left of it. All those wires move between those two items and the monitor. You can also see where some kind soul used IV tape to secure them together. Thanks. Now it's sticky. One has to take the EKG tracing, plug all this stuff in, establish a med patch with the receiving hospital, turn everything on, give your report, have only a little bit of fun saying "Stand by for 12 lead!", then key the mike, and in theory it will be sent. In theory. As far as I've heard, we haven't had a huge success rate. And I think that most people, like me, are avoiding having to do it altogether.
I made it slightly more organized but cannot eliminate all the silliness that is involved in completing the actual telemetry. Johnny and Roy had an easier time of it!
So, whoever reads this from my old work (who is considering switching), please take note. LP 12s are great monitors!

Comments

Slack said…
We use Zoll... I hate them.
Jen said…
Many of us are trying to make sure that we don't change! I hadn't even seen the knot of crap required for 12 lead transmissions, I just don't even like the display - too much wasted space and the real numbers I want are just too small. I'll refer some folks to your post though :)
Unknown said…
Ellie ellie ellie, you need to call up your zoll rep and have them send you a new E series. Yours is jacked. Get a bluetooth cell phone, and throw the rest of that crap away. You can really just fax the 12-lead to the hospital via bluetooth enabled cell phone, and they can pick it up off their fax machine . . . supposedly. Get a zoll rep up in that place and they'll have you straightened out, what you have there is from the time of Johnny and Roy!

P.S. LP-12s suck, MRx 4 LYFE!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs