Highlights of the Day Shift.

The wino in the woods. The patient was passed out pretty far off the road. It really looked like a shady scene from law and order, but it quickly lost that luster after the cop pulled a huge, now nearly empty bottle of wine from her purse.

The woman who ran her suv into the side of a building. Not too much damage to either, but I had a difficult time holding in my laughter.

When I squished, crushed, damaged, injured, messed up my finger in the cot. It was my fault for having my finger there, but man did it hurt! To illustrate the seriousness of the situation, I jumped up and down in front of our patient and her family, put ice on it, and recently even put a band aid on it. Serious stuff. Unfortunately, it has hurt more in the last couple days than it did a week ago.

The call for the bus accident. Bus accidents usually go in a couple directions: really annoying, and really annoying. Well, this one wasn’t so bad. Apparently, the ‘incident’ occurred about 30 minutes before we were called. All of the passengers except two were rescued by another bus, and when I got there, stepped on the bus and saw only two passengers, I wanted to jump for joy. The driver was forced to come to a short stop, and everyone was thrown around a little. Out patent hurt her knee, no biggie, except that her companion had a lot of groceries which needed to go somewhere. They sorted it out with the bus people (who I’m sure were willing to compensate for the groceries in exchange for not suing them.)

Also, CHF, sick people, and crazies as always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs