Shiny and New

Today was my first day of orientation. It went well and wasn’t too boring. I got my collar brass, badge, and road safety key. I’d show you a picture of my awesome, cop-looking, gold badge, but it’s just too shiny. Even shinier than the new disco patch. I was also fitted for my uniform, which will be embroidered shortly, it’s all very official! Got on payroll, woot! got a vaccine, woot! filled out forms, woot!

Random person quote of the day: “With that accent you can’t be from around here.” Well spotted, I’d say, as it was the first time anyone commented and/or noticed my mid-atlantic “accent.”

Google search term of the week: “Fresh cadaver intubation consent” Depending on how fresh the cadaver is, you may need consent to intubate it. You certainly aren’t going to get informed consent either way, but implied consent is okay. If it’s been a few days, you do not need consent, at least, from the cadaver, so intubate away. Consent may be needed to unlock the freezer, though.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I'm sure that you will be awesome & I'm looking forward to hearing more about your work!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs