The Long Semester

I just had the shortest "-mester" of my life.  By week 2 we were taking a 'midterm'.  Which was pretty funny.  We covered OB mostly, which I enjoyed and many were horrified by.  We did four credits in as many weeks, and it wasn't that bad. And I'm not saying this because I have already forgotten how bad it was.  It was okay!  In the last week we took ACLS which was a looooong 2 days for me, but will help me keep my paramedic cert up to date.

And then spring started!  A week early even. We had one week of instruction a weekend off (technically) and now we are back at it for 15 weeks.  I am slightly concerned as my usual semester burn out time is about 11 weeks in, which will come four weeks early this semester, because really this is a long semester indeed.  But. The spring is different.

It is a continuation of several classes from the fall, but also has some new things.  A lab class, where we will finally get to learn some new tricks.  Additionally, in two weeks we will start our first rotation out in the real world.  I am very excited and very apprehensive about this. Excited because, its two fewer days sitting in a classroom.  Apprehensive because of everything.  It will be our first big reminder that there is something beyond PA school. The grey rain-curtain of this world will eventually roll back, (thank you, JRR) and if all goes well, we will actually be doing this for real, and not too long from now.  This rotation is our first real test that isn't a test.  Can we talk to humans, find their complaints, put it together, make a diagnosis, start a treatment plan, and not screw everything up?  Time will tell!

Comments

You KNOW who!!! said…
Of course you can!!! So exciting to see where this road will lead - you may be in for a surprise or two!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs