Husbands

I’ve been giving some thought to an aspect of my life recently that I really should appreciate more. As a single woman with many married friends, I feel like I get to borrow husbands. There may be no way to introduce this topic without looking needy and weird, but in all sincerity, I am blessed to have married friends and husbands I can borrow who will take care of me.
Without sounding like a polygamist, I have different (brother?) husbands who fix my car, chop wood, play video games, fix random stuff, and even a work husband who looks after me there. In a way it is sort of like borrowing other peoples’ kids and giving them back when they get cranky or smelly.
It is a luxury in my life to have these men who work as worthy place holders for my future possible husband. Of course, they are spoiling me in a way that will make it more impossible to find an actual husband, but oh well.
And of course, I can still kill my own spiders, change light bulbs, and trim trees, but it is nice when I don’t have to. Yes, I am a feminist. I now know the value of having a man in my life and it is a privilege to see all of the strong relationships my friends have. This also helps me to focus my drive to find a partner away from the ‘manly’ things he can do for me, and to extract the true needs a spouse can fulfill.
So, thanks to all of my married friends; for helping me to keep the standards from slipping. That being said, which one of you knows how to weld?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs