Home: One year on

I've been back a year today.  It feels somehow like a far longer time has passed.  A lot has happened, unhappened, and rehappened.  It's almost as though nothing has changed, though everything has.  And now I am out of 'life changes, deal with it' type statements. 
It's been a great year!  And strange, but I am beginning to feel that strange is the new normal.  I haven't done anything with my degree from last year except to hang it on the wall.  I only yesterday applied for an internship that I am probably not qualified for. 
But who cares?  I still love my job and the people I work with.  The commute is getting annoying and the pay stagnet, but at the end of the day, it's employment.  And that alone is saying something.  I would like to avoid lateral career moves, but something closer to home might be nice. 
The photo selling wild ass plan is...um, going, and will probably be on hiatus until the spring.  After two shows I'm not giving up, though I could have enough Christmas presents to last me a good long time if I don't sell anymore. 
I guess I just wanted to blog for the occasion, as I'll forget in coming years.  Getting back to England, if only for a visit, is always on my back burner.  I can't help it-I really love it there.   But I love it here too.  I think I will continue with my domestic traveling for a while and continue to save until I can do a proper trip.  I intended upon my return to spend more time with friends and family, which has gone okay.  Time is difficult to find, both on my end and on theirs.  But, time will always be made for what is important. 
I also wanted to do more local activities, and in that I have had a total fail.  I really need to join a club or something to get out there.  I live blocks from downtown, I really have no excuse. 
So, on to the next year, and fulfilling maslows hierarchy of needs! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs