The Joys of Homeownership

To be fair, there are a lot. The space, the freedom, the amazing feeling I got when I declared war on the English Ivy in the garden. In just over three weeks, I've painted one room (not yellow), painted the bathroom (not bright yellow with an acrylic enamel for outdoor furniture), and planted my garden. Declaring war on the ivy was the beginning. I've also openly warring with peeling paint, the tree that shaded my yard into a desolate wasteland, and all of the bees that are boring holes in my porch. Did you know that it takes more than just yelling at them to get them to go away? Spraying them with some kind of poison is far more effective than shouting 'Get the hell off my porch! You bore me!'

Anyway, I'm not sure where I was going with this, but I have developed a disorder that leaves me with an inability to relax at the house. Something must need doing, and if not, I'll stand around staring at things until it does. And I think that not having TV or internet has turned me in to a far more productive person. I'm sure it won't last, so I'd better take advantage.
I can also say with almost absolute certainty that almost everything I own is under one roof. I rescued some boxes I had packed and stored in my sisters garage about five years ago. It seems that I was a bit better at prioritizing things then. I do want all of my playmobil, my high school diploma (don't ask me why), and the many, many tapes I used to listen to over and over again as a kid. If anyone wants a dramatic retelling of 'Bert and Ernie Side by Side' or 'Bread and Jam for Francis' I would be happy to indulge you.   The pic above was on a box I had packed.  I think I actually kept half of its contents.  So, I was half right. 

Other than that I finally got the bike out, used a weedwacker, and was asked to punch someone in the face.

Comments

Emily said…
Look if you run out of things to do at your house; come on over!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs