Not to mention

It may seem obvious, but buying a house is expensive.  I mean, don't even let me do the math and figure out that my lender is making 100% profit over 30 years off of me.  Outside of principle and compounding interest, it's the 'little things' that are getting me now.  $300 for an inspection, $450 for an appraisal, $250 for a settlement lawyer.  Things that I didn't even think of before now.  To be fair, the inspection did pay off, as the seller is now doing 2k worth or work to the place, but seriously.  It is scary to think about all the 'nickle and dimeing' that will be going on at settlement.  Only, it's not nickles and dimes.  It's hundreds of dollars for completely intangible things.  Deed surveys, fancy pens, outlandish property taxes, and don't even start me on mortgage insurance.  There's a pointless $1200 a year, to protect not me, but my lender. 
Just give me the keys!  I am still vacillating between excitement and nerves, but I am mostly excited now about getting my spring veggies in the ground.  It's been a long time since I had a garden.  The anticipation of the house combined with spring fever is really getting to me.  Good thing I'm working 72 hours this week.  It's a good distraction. And in a bit of an oversight, I am settling on the 31st, then working the next five days.  Silly me.  So, five days of cleaning the place when I can be home and camping in the living room until we can get my furniture in. 
So far the highlight of all that work has been a 3am diabetic.  It had been so long since I had a hypo, I was half way through the amp of D50 before I realized that it had been well over a year since I gave my 'now you have to eat some real food' lecture.  That and narcan are still my favorite drugs to give.  Even though I finally felt useful at work, I was even happier to get the refusal and go back to bed. 

Comments

Mother said…
Perhaps cheaper to have stayed with the parental unit. . .just sayin'!!! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs