False alarm

Okay, this picture is not good of anything, but it's here only for reference. The purple thing is my duvet. The thing about four feet above it is the fire alarm/smoke detector. Boy that's close.
This morning, after staying up quite late to communicate with people on eastern standard time, I was snoozing away, warm in my bed, enjoying the ever cloudy English mornings.
Suddenly, I was jolted awake by the fire alarm. I am so used to such awakenings, that rather than worry about a fire, I immediately started to shout expletives at it, and made feeble attempts to cover it with my hands and pillow. I looked down to make sure my room wasn't filling with smoke and a few more expletives later I had clambered down the ladder, just as the alarm stopped. One more expletive for good measure and I popped my head into the hallway to see a couple of my equally confused neighbors. One went to inquire and returned shortly to report that it was merely a fire alarm test.
Now fully awake and irritated, I used most of the remaining morning to watch episodes of Ab Fab, perhaps the best show ever on television.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs