Back to School

Today was the first day of class. I met a lot more of my classmates and had a pretty nice day. My class is about 20 students strong, all from different backgrounds and regions of the world including several countries of Africa, Cyprus, France, UAE, the UK and the 1 from the US of course. I'm very happy to be getting what will be a global education both socially and academically.
This class is also a mix of part time and full time students. Some of the full timers started last January, and some, like me are on their first module.
There are eight modules between now and the spring, this week is Disaster Theory and Practice. Classes go for one week every day 9-5 and are a mix of lectures and group work, then we have three weeks for self study and to complete our module assignment (a 4000 word essay or report).
Our main lecturer is from Canada (who has worked in the UK for 25 years) the other is from South Africa, who I think will bring a unique perspective.
There are no required books, but a wide range of "suggested reading" that I am sure will be out of the library from now until next fall. So I may have to buy a couple of them for myself. It can't be as bad as medical textbooks!

Comments

Epitaph said…
So excited for you to be underway, at last! However, classes from 9-5 and 4000 word essays? Better you than me!
Unknown said…
When it comes time for me to submit the application packet for nursing school, and if I get in, I'm sure I'll be feeling much of the same pain :P)

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs