A vacation like normal people

Last week I was thrown up on, stung by a bee, and chased by a dog, but other than that, I had a very relaxing visit with some old friends.
My college roommate had a baby last month, so two my girlfriends and I went down to her house for a week, basically so we could all stand around and adore her baby.
It was just like college, only with a baby. We watched movies, played video games, cooked together, and made a lot of junk food; brownies, rice krispy treats, ice cream, cake, and topped it all off with deep fried pickles. My friends’ husband had been promising me these for two years, and they were very strange, but worth the wait. The mars bar is still the best deep fried thing I’ve ever had to eat, but the pickles are a strong second.

My first day there we were enjoying the southern weather when a bee randomly stung me, unprovoked. I mean, I wasn’t even making fun of it or anything; it just landed on my leg and stung me. I did get a little panicked as I’m not sure if I’d ever been stung before (I think my previous sting experience is actually a false childhood memory) and I definitely didn’t know if I were allergic. Also we were kind of in the middle of nowhere at the time. But, it turns out that I’m very much not allergic. A little ice and Benadryl cream sorted me out.

Of course, the baby was the one who threw up on me, so that’s forgivable. She’s the only one who can break into the “no puke zone,” and if she hadn’t been so damn cute, she probably couldn’t have gotten away with it either.

I wasn’t able to bring my bike, so I borrowed one there. As a full suspension bike with an adorable pink basket on the front, it was not exactly built for road riding, but it was a lovely and super hilly ride, full of rolling farm lands and big, tree covered mountains. It took me an hour to do an eight mile loop and I decided to go just a little further. Of course, as I flew down a hill, I looked up to see a big dog standing in the middle of the road, looking not too nice. That was my cue to turn around and race back up the stupid hill. I did, remembering that this bike was not equipped with my pepper spray, and as I pedaled frantically up the hill, I peeked back to see that the dog was indeed, running after me. Happily, by the time I crested the hill, the dog had given up.

Other than that I got honked at in standstill traffic, drank tea that was so sweet I could have put it over pancakes, and visited wal-mart only once.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs