May 22nd

While mountain biking yesterday I had an awesome time and marked my second proper crash (in which I sustained no injuries) But before my pedal caught a root and launched me into the grass, I was making a hard effort to get up a tricky hill. Here, on a particularly vibrant upstroke I managed to squish my foot soundly between my pedal and a protruding root. Immediately I jumped off the bike and proceeded to go into what I like to call a "pee-pee dance" where basically I dance around yelling and breathing like I'm in labor.
Almost immediately my toenail turned a lovely shade of lavender. Driving home was tricky as pushing the pedals sent me into bouts of hyperventilation. It's better today although after a night of working and a day of PALS refresher, I took it home and gave it some ice. I will continue to ignore doctors' advice of heating up a paper clip and jabbing it into the top of my nail. There is no way that is happening.

Comments

Emily said…
This picture is no good. I want to see the nail.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs