R.O.U.S.

I have a cat. She is cute but useless. About two weeks ago, I noticed little teeth marks in my bar of hand soap that is on the kitchen sink. Tiny, rodent sized teeth marks. So, I put out a little trap. A few days later, I heard it in between the walls loudly chewing its way through, well, something that must have been very difficult to chew through, because it was making a lot of noise. At midnight. On this day, kitty was inordinately fascinated with staring at the sound coming from the walls. A cat possessed, she stared and stared, waiting for it to burst forth or something.
The next night, I came into the kitchen, flipped on the light, and had just enough time to see this rodent jump out of my recycle bin and under my oven. I'm afraid I may have screamed like a girl. At this stage, Kitty was sleeping in another room. Completely uninterested in our visitor now that it was in plain view. What's with that?!
So, I redoubled my efforts to capture the thing, and became worried that it seemed quite large. I bought a fancier trap that covers up the gruesome and business end of it. I left it out and few days later I had the back feet and tail of the thing sticking out of the trap. What is the point of having a cat if she won't even come through for the most basic of feline tasks? Well, she is pretty cute.

Comments

Anonymous said…
poor kitty missed the fun.....
Jen said…
Our dog is afraid of the mice that periodically appear. He stood at his bag of kibbles and whined until one of us came over and figured out the mouse problem, then he ran and hid. Our fierce protector!
Anonymous said…
Did you catch it or did it knaw off it's feet and tail?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs