Six snippets

After my post complaining about not doing much at work, we did have one call after that for a guy with the flu. Since then, it has been a litany of people fainting, having chest pain, or being short of breath. Neb treatments, nirtros, and fluids for all!

We had one day of wintry weather that yielded no car accidents. What a funny thing to be disappointed about.

I had an 18 month old who had a febrile seizure and whose temperature was 105F. It was nice to have a kid who was crying. I was only weirded out a little when the dad didn't know his kids birthdate.

One lady who was having chest pains said that she had the pain off an on for two months. Two months! It didn't occur to her to get it checked out, and the only reason we got called this time was because she had pain while waiting at a doctors office.

Another guy 'couldn't stop throwing up' who thankfully managed to resist while in my presence; and the Zofran might have helped.


We did get to go to the mall for a guy with hypertension, and later got to go to Wal-Mart for a lady who fainted. These are my absolute favorite. I don't know why, but I love to go to public places on calls. Dunkins, the bank, concert halls, office buildings, clubs, busses, all good fun.

Comments

polarbearems said…
My favorite jobs to work are EDPs! (Do you call them EDPs outside New York City?... Emotionally Disturbed Person aka Crazy People!)

I don't know why... not very interested technically, but still
extremely challenging

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs