Passing Remarks

Putting in notice at work was not just a passing remark, but one of the best things I’ve done in a long time. A small hint of what I hope will be the beginning of a new and more hopeful and happy chapter in my life.
I have changed my status at what will now be known as ‘crap work’ to part time. I equate this to when you tell your boyfriend that you just want to be friends, when what you really mean is that you never want to see them again. I am still part time there mostly because I felt guilty about using them for a free refresher class. I’m sure I’ll be over it soon.

Also, at my new job, oh yeah, NEW JOB!!, I am taking a bit of a pay cut, so it may be handy to go and do a shift every once in awhile at crap work. And there are some good people there who I’m happy to have as friends.

I finally have landed a full time spot on a chase car not too far from home. (not the same as my part time job) It’s a 24 hour schedule which is super sweet. But I think the best part is the newly discovered (by me) nearby state park with a huge, huge lake and many miles of mountain bike trails. YAY! Spring can’t come fast enough as I’m looking forward to 7am paddling and pedaling.

I now face a daunting three day hospital orientation this week. Luckily, I still have those novelty glasses with eyes drawn on them which I plan to use freely. I am told that this orientation includes a two hour walking tour of the hospital. Two hours!! I take two hour walking tours of major cities, not community hospitals. I can’t imagine what is in store. “Okay, and on our right is ‘Broom Closet #2’ it’s a little larger than ‘Broom Closet #1’ but not as large as ‘Broom Closet #3.’ It also holds all of the hospitals’ mops.” At this point I will slip out unnoticed through ‘Back Door #1’ which we just learned about and go find a local pub.


Some interesting facts: I have had more opportunity to play beer pong in the last month than I did in my whole college career.
Also, I never noticed that we pronounce the word ‘have’ two different ways:
“I have three dollars in my pocket.” (pronounced 'hav')
“I have to go to the bank!” (pronounced 'haff')
Thank you Bill Bryson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs