Work?

My second job has become a good time to catch up on the blogs I read and the blog I write. Even though the weather has been bad pretty much every time I go there.

Last week the only call where I did anything was a diabetic who was in bed in the middle of the day with a blood sugar of 49. Okay, why are they always naked?! I mean seriously!

It was snowing last week and in the county there were about 600 motor vehicle crashes, and we didn't actually get on scene to one of them (canceled by BLS before we got there)
The roads were legitimately bad and even with the four wheel drive on our pimp chase truck I was having a hard time stopping. What a comfort that was.

We also got on scene for a kid who basically didn't want to go to school that day. His mom said that he was unresponsive so it had potential. When we arrived my partner went to the patient who appeared fine and I talked to his mom.
She started going on and on about how he is a good kid, and loves school, and she works a lot and he skipped school yesterday, and all this extraneous information when all I asked was if he had any medical problems. I hate to be rude to people in distress, but I had to be like, please cut to the medical issues. Of which he had none. We assessed him fully and found nothing wrong with him, other than being a teenager.
We released the patient to BLS and went on our way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs