My conscience hurts

We had a depressed guy which usually isn't funny but because paramedics have an inherently terrible sense of humor, became funny.

From the very start I could barely talk to him. For example,
"Hi, how are you?"
"Terrible!"
"It's not all that bad. It's a lovely day out and you'll get to enjoy it." I offer.
"I don't care. I hate this place and everything about it."

I continued to try making conversation so I asked where he was from.
Dramatically he answered: "I don't know where I'm from, but I know where I've been: Hell!"
Um...ok, I don't really know what to say to that.

When we got to the hospital, he looked at me very seriously and said
"Do you smell that?"
"Um...yeah" trying to be polite as I did indeed smell something that was emitting from him.
"Smells like death!"

Once this conversation was relayed to my partner, it became legend, and for the rest of the day everything smelled like death.
Also, I decided that the catch phrase for my action movie will be:
"He doesn't know where he's from, but he knows where he's been: Hell."
Which can be printed on the movie poster under a picture of a nameless action hero dramatically posed ready to kick some face.

Lord, my conscience hurts.


Search term of the week: ‘weirdest national registry paramedic questions’ Most definitely, although you didn’t hear this from me, were a series of questions pertaining to which part of a car to cut first when extricating a patient. Not kidding. The only people in my class who got this right (other than the good guessers) were those who were rescue techs and they didn’t exactly learn that in paramedic school.

gizoogle word of the day: “paramizzles”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs