Last transfer shift (hopefully) ever!

I finished my last set of weekend transfer shifts yesterday. On Saturday we had back to back long distance calls (transport over 70 miles) that was fun. The first call was for a guy who broke his neck and the second was a baby with meningitis. I was happy to have staff come with us for the baby, although she was no trouble. I doomed us to another trip when I said: “Ah, goodbye ___ hospital!”
On Sunday we had a nice relaxing day doing a couple of local calls and then one long one that was really annoying.
Also on Sunday, in the middle of April, it was snowing/slushing/raining and being generally gross outside. There were many accidents in the city due to this springy? mix. Right now it has been raining more or less for two days straight. Many roads were closed today due to flooding. I only know this because I went out with the camera trying to get shots of local rivers, but I was denied. Oh well. Even I had to turn around without being forced to by closed road signs. I love big puddles (and so does the truck) but I draw the line when the puddle has flow.

As for my quick trip home. I was testing to work in a chase car county system. The first stage was a written test. Mostly multiple guess, then some EKG strips, and some drug calculations (which even I managed to sort out.) Next week is supposed to continue with a megacode practical, and a physical agility test. This is all well and good, I suppose. But, there were about 20 people there to test. There is one open position. Needless to say I am a little discouraged. Okay, a lot discouraged. So, we’ll see what happens with that.
Oddly, on the same day as the test, I got an email inviting me to interview with another place. There is much rejoicing. I have that interview next week.

So, now, a 24 hour shift stands between me and um, being between jobs. I must admit I am a little nervous, but also very excited.

I certainly have not forgotten that I teased you all about a particular call that “deserves its own post” It still does. It is a work in progress. It’s turned out to be an open and shut case, which means I can blog without fear of legal issues or divulging secrets I shouldn’t have. I’m not writing about it now, because, well, it’s almost bedtime.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you fall off the face of the earth?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs